Thursday, September 22, 2016

TBT: Why so many pencils?

I've been digging through my old blog, and thought I'd "replay" some of the once I still find funny, and not totally horrifying.

I know that I shouldn't let things like this bug me. With 12 kids, there are bound to be things out of place. And really...I accept that totally and completely. I'm really not hung up on total neatness. But for the past few months, I find myself increasingly irritated by three things, in the order of MOST annoying:
Found. Everywhere.
  1. Random yellow pencils EVERYWHERE. I mean everywhere. At all times. Mixed in with dishes, on my bed, under the kitchen table, on the couch, on the deck, on the lawn, in the sink, in with the toothbrushes. Every night, as I'm shutting down the house to go to bed, pushing chairs in, turning off lights, it seems like they are laying around trying to make me mad. Seriously. Why are there so many pencils everywhere? 
  2. Hot Wheels. Now, they are not as common as the pencils thankfully, and with 5 boys, it's hardly any surprise that there would be TONS of these everywhere. It seems they are always in the shower.
  3. Dirty socks. You would think this would be more irritating to me than the pencils, because it is certainly more gross. But luckily, while it is not uncommon, there are never as many of them. Update: This are more of these than ever. And it's just as gross, if not grosser.

No comments:

Post a Comment